Vista Logout automaticaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleman2030

Solid State Member
Hello everyone. I have a XP PC I was working on and found that the clients motherboard was bad. As anyone knows its better to move on to a new PC and I recommended this to the client. They did this and brought me a Compaq Presario SR2170NX with Windows Vista Basic Edition to transfer their data to. Unfortunatly this client is quite hard to get ahold of and didn't leave me the password for this PC. Being Vista I didn't want to screw with any password reset software I would use on XP. So to save some time I created a folder named "Backup" on the root and transfered all 60GB of information to the folder. I was thinking that after I get the password from the client I could eather move it to his desktop or tell him how to get to it. This is what I believe caused the problem.

After reinstalling the hard drive, the PC would start up to were you can choose a user. After choosing a user and entering the correct password, it says "Logging In" then goes strait to "Logging Off" and goes back to the Choose a user screen. I removed the Backup folder from the root to see if it was some weard issue with Vista but it does the same thing now. Anyone have any ideas?

Well I was not able to find a solution to this problem but I have found one thing good about Vista!!! (Believe it or not). There is a built in backup which helps greatly, just ran the backup and used the recovery partition and blew the OS away. Tried repairing but didn't help. Its up and working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom