ok need some advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyriiiks

Solid State Member
hi,
my computer is old and infested with viruses and spyware blah blah blah, im too lazy to fix it, and plus i want a new computer,

What computer should i get?
i will be using it too surf the internet and play games, like football manager not games like doom(because i got xbox live on the 360)

also can anyone who is english/british tell me a good broadband package i should get?
i already have ntl but my mum and my brother have wireless laptops and they suck up all the broadband, so i want my own broadband

this broadband must be good enough to host and play xbox live games lag free or best to.

im 16 and make 1000£ a month (1200-1300$$ roughly)
i want to be able to buy the computer in one lump sum so something in my price range.
plus i dont want my pants pulled down over teh broadband prices.

anyone got any ideas??

many thanks

i don't no where u can get the parts but i can get u started on a build or 2, but these can be oc'ed really well

AMD Budget Build:

XFX 7900 GS
AMD Athlon X2 3600+ (brisbane not windsor!)
Biostar Tforce 550
Some G-Skill RAM
320 Gig WD Caviar/Seagate Barracuda

Choose ur own case and accessories

Intel Performance Build:

XFX 7900 GS
Core 2 Duo e6600
Gigabyte GA-965-DS3
Some G-Skill RAM
320 Gig WD Caviar/Seagate Barracuda
Choose ur own case and accessories

Hey, Vern! You forgot RAM and OS. Both builds look good, otherwise.

how much am i lookin at here price wise? and how hard is it to put these peices together, i aint never built a pc before.

oh i knew i deleted something i shouldn't have i had those gskills then i erased them!!

hi,
my computer is old and infested with viruses and spyware blah blah blah, im too lazy to fix it, and plus i want a new computer,

What computer should i get?
i will be using it too surf the internet and play games, like football manager not games like doom(because i got xbox live on the 360)

also can anyone who is english/british tell me a good broadband package i should get?
i already have ntl but my mum and my brother have wireless laptops and they suck up all the broadband, so i want my own broadband

this broadband must be good enough to host and play xbox live games lag free or best to.

im 16 and make 1000£ a month (1200-1300$$ roughly)
i want to be able to buy the computer in one lump sum so something in my price range.
plus i dont want my pants pulled down over teh broadband prices.

anyone got any ideas??

many thanks

lol the exchange rate is over £1 = $2 but the price difference between American merchandise is about 10%

internet: Bt do an ok package aslong as your phones are bt, sky will cut you a good deal if you have sky tv or you can just add an extra line from your current provider they should give you a slight discount on the new line for remaining there customers. You do know on the router you may be able to prioritise the internet for each computer so just give yourself the priority

my suggested build:

motherboard: Abit Aw9d-max or asus p5b deluxe or the gigabyte-ds3
cpu: e6600
Ram: geil 2x1gb (6400)
hsf: Thermalrock ultra 120
gfx: 7600gt (if you don't game much this is a great card will let you play most games if you are going to game quite a bit then 8800gts 320mb will let you play most games full settings)
case: any really with 120mm intake and exhaust good brands ( antec, thermaltake, lian li)
hdd: 500 or 320gb seagate barracuda 7200.10

some good English stores: Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK , dabs.com - PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players , ebuyer.com , Overclockers.com-----

The pieces are easy to put together everything can only go in the socket it is made for so it is nearly impossible to plug things in wrong and there is no soldering or any tools needed except a screwdriver to undo various case screws

lol oh yeah totally forgot about £1 is $2 feel pretty stupid lol.

well, anyways whats the nearest already built pc compared to them specs, so i can can go into pcworld and just pick it up and go. building a pc is my last resort due to lack of time

if u use my old amd oc'ing build i suggested.. u definitively have room to add an 8800 gts or gtx if ur really lucky... cuz that amd build is a little over $700!!!

if u use my old amd oc'ing build i suggested.. u definitively have room to add an 8800 gts or gtx if ur really lucky... cuz that amd build is a little over $700!!!

but he will get better performance with my intel build........................

Lol you cannot buy a pc with those specs at that price to give you an example look at the pc in my sig............................. it cost around £1,600 ($3200) and with the new lights and fans over all it will be pushing £1,700 ($3400). To buy a comparable system (with free monitor, printer, mouse, keyboard, 1 year servicing and not overclockable due to limited bios, less harddrive space and parts are quite cheap quality) would of cost me £3000 when I first built my computer which was 3/4 months ago. understand the finance you save??? and it takes about an hour to build (giving you plenty of time as it is your first build) it is really simple the motherboard manual will probably go through in detail of how to build it. I just used the motherboard layout and plugged the components in I have always been quite DIY minded though I am 17 now but when I built the comp I was 16.

Americans save even more money lol a $3,400 system wow now that is nearly hard to spend that much money would end up with something like (quad core, 2x8800gtx, 3x500gb (raid5), 2gb of ram, 32gb (flash drive :p:p:p), ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom