LED readout temp correct??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy4719

Baseband Member
Speedfan tells me differently (by 10-20C) on the CPU temp.... Obviously one is incorrect... Or maybe one is reading from a different spot??? Any ideas?

LED readout? You mean the LCD on the front of your case? That's not the CPU temp.

LED readout? You mean the LCD on the front of your case? That's not the CPU temp.

I mean LCD... It has CPU, HDD, and VGA temps in Celcius/Farenheit... The CPU one is the one I am trying to figure out... Why for example does it say 38.4C when speedfan says 46C? Often they are much farther apart... Is one reading outside cpu or core??

Ah, so you have an aftermaket LCD thing in your drive bays? How is it connected to the computer, does it have temperature probes or something? I'm not to familiar with those.

It's a screen that tells temps and time... back lit blue... Its part of pc case... I have no idea how it tells temps haha.. Thats kinda the question here lol

My guess is that it has some temperature probes, and one of them is meant to be placed onto the CPU but it's just hanging there. So if I am correct, the CPU temp on the screen is actually the temperature on the inside of the case, which would explain the 20 degree temperature difference.

If you are comfortable opening up your case then have a look and post back.

Oh, and SpeedFan is not accurate all of the time. This could be the problem right there.

My guess is that it has some temperature probes, and one of them is meant to be placed onto the CPU but it's just hanging there. So if I am correct, the CPU temp on the screen is actually the temperature on the inside of the case, which would explain the 20 degree temperature difference.

If you are comfortable opening up your case then have a look and post back.

Oh, and SpeedFan is not accurate all of the time. This could be the problem right there.

there is thin wire hanging (says CPU on it) ... maybe it was supposed to be behind heat sink or something?? If this is the wire that is supposed to tell, where would I put it to keep track of the temp accurately (and safely)...

Just don't put it in between the CPU and the heatsink. You don't want to disrupt the heat transfer. If I were you I would put it on the heatsink near the base. This would obviously not give you exact temps, but they'd be close enough.

tho choosing between some dodgy wire temp thing and speedfan, id go with speedfan anyday

Yeah, but the wire gives me a decent read out on the nice BLUE LCD screen on the front... Pretty cool looking (especially since its more accurate now)... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom