Overclocking in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Do you guys have any tips on getting mine any higher? Tomorrow when I get off work i'm going to see if i can't bump it up a little.

*pic here*

even nastier.

Even nastier by 4mhz and 2 seconds hehe (on a 3200+!):
28secsuperpi.jpg

As to ^, Just up the voltage a bit if your clocks start becoming unstable, but never try to go over ~1.55v, especially if you don't have very good cooling. Another tip is to keep temps below ~50C as heat can effect your OC massively (I couldn't reach 3ghz on my 3200+ unless I kept the idle temp below 40C. Anything over and it would BSOD in a heart beat).

nice wallpaper (email it) what is the stock speed of a 3500+ ? what cooling are u using? cuz i'm getting an awesome X2 3600+ Brisbane!!

wouldnt all this OCing of the 3200+ just decrease the lifespan or something of ur CPU no matter how good of cooling u have?

i want to OC, once i fully upgrade my computer.

Even nastier by 4mhz and 2 seconds hehe (on a 3200+!):

As to ^, Just up the voltage a bit if your clocks start becoming unstable, but never try to go over ~1.55v, especially if you don't have very good cooling. Another tip is to keep temps below ~50C as heat can effect your OC massively (I couldn't reach 3ghz on my 3200+ unless I kept the idle temp below 40C. Anything over and it would BSOD in a heart beat).

NICE! D*** your low latency ddr! lol.
i'll catch that superpi time in time, meh heheheh! i would think this x2 is a little easier to keep cool (note difference in voltage). did you have to use any kind of exotic cooling?
i know that i could put my 4200 up to 1.55 and still stay in specs...it would get a little on the warm side for me, and i really didnt have noticeable differences in performnace. it seems the sweet spot for my 4200 is about 2.7ish (it would reach about 2.9 and stay stable), while this 3600 improves steadily to its highest overclcok (the one on cpuz i posted earlier) i have reached.

I got it to 2.6! I'm running Prime95 now for about 30 minutes and no errors but the temp is around 52-54, i know it should be about 50 so is this to high?? I don't want to fry my chip just for that extra .5GHz.

Nevermind, it wont run Prime95 for more than 2 hours and 5 minutes, and i tryed bumbing up the voltage to +104% on top of the 1.5V and that made my temps go to 57 on a full load. I dont know if I should try and bump it up more or just leave it. What do you guys think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom