Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Batch Image Editing

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Switch
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Switch
Default Re: Batch Image Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxer4533 View Post
Couldn't you just make an action where you do the color correction, then selection the next image? Just play it through for the pics. Doesn't seem very hard.
OK, so you open your image of say, a white balance card in photoshop. You make your curves, Levels, basic color correction adjustments in it and record your actions. You open your second image and clean up what that initial action didn't do, or possibly going back and reopening that first image to fix something you accidentally did, all this using and creating layers, masks, and oh my god blah blah blah

Now you need to open up all other 198 images and do that to each one individually. Open one, do your corrections, save it as another image, close it, move on to the next, wash, rinse, and repeat. It would still take you hours. Someone in Lightroom/Aperture can do the exact same thing in less than 5 minutes (if it was shot with similar lighting, like in a studio), and save possibly GIGABYTES worth of hard disk space by doing non-destructive instruction-sets that are saved into a single, small library. If you need to use photoshop, no biggie. Just export into any directory you want and Lightroom will automatically launch CS2 so you can make your fine, complex adjustments. I'm not sure about Bibble, i've never used it.

I think anyone can agree with me, attempting batch image edit in photoshop is just dumb, and a big ol' waste of time. And i'm talking about only 200 images. That's NOTHING!

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.