8800 gts, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Alright, so i'm about to cough up some money for a 8800 GTS 640 Super OC for 500$ CAN. Would this be a good time to buy right now, or will there be price drops/new line of cards soon?

Thanks for any advice.

woah no....for sure a 320 8800GTS is all you need.

Just get the cheapest 8800GTS 320 you can find and you can overclock it yourself.

Hmm, well I have never overclocked something before and i'm not sure if I want to start trying on a new 8800.
For an 120$ difference from the 8800 GTS 320 stock card i'd rather pay that to have this card last a while. Wouldn't I use 640 MB's in the future sometime?

The 640 is the same exact thing as the 320 version, just more memory. The 640 will serve better, when playing on higher resolutions, like 1600x1200.

Overclocking a video card is 100 times easier than a CPU and very safe...you can overclock ones yourself farther than what pre overclocked come.

Yes you would use 640 memory maybe in a year or two but by that time you will be wanting a new card anyway....17 inch isnt large enough to warrant the 640 model I think

Well if you don't think i'm going to use 640 mb's then I don't wanna waste my money on it..

Aso, if I do buy the stock 320 do you know of any OC'ing tutorials I could use?

You wont use the 640mb really...overclocking tutorial eh?

It's really as simple as opening up a program and moving a slider bar on the mhz speed and then hitting test...but yes we can help you...it's very simple.

Oh, I thought i'd be fooling around in the bios, but yes if you could hook me up with information on what program I can use to overclock my card i'd appreciate it!

Also, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom