Bootable windows xp 64 bit, I can't boot it with a virtual drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniq1

Solid State Member
I have windows xp and want to install pro edition. I use Alchohol 120% registered version to mount the image. It says i need to boot the cd from startup. IS there any way i can boot my cd from startup without burning it onto a cd?

No offense but please dont reply if you dont know the answer. Please do not reply if you have something else to say(even if it is about me) Finally yes i can afford a cd but thats not the point. I want the knowledge of being able to do it without the cd plus I have finals this week no time to go out at all.

Oh my....! Uniq1 don't say things like that. Anyway burn with Alcohol the image to a dvd. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY! Except if you use Microsoft Virtual Studio, but it's gonna stuck believe me. If you don't have time, why are you trying installing an OS? It takes much time to install programms and organise your files, componets etc., quite weird if you ask me.

I have windows xp and want to install pro edition. I use Alchohol 120% registered version to mount the image. It says i need to boot the cd from startup. IS there any way i can boot my cd from startup without burning it onto a cd?

No offense but please dont reply if you dont know the answer. Please do not reply if you have something else to say(even if it is about me) Finally yes i can afford a cd but thats not the point. I want the knowledge of being able to do it without the cd plus I have finals this week no time to go out at all.

it's time consuming and a pain in the butt. why do you want to go this route?

Only other idea that comes to mind is Network install which would require a PXE compliant network card or with a network boot disk (Which would still require a CD-R or a Floppy). Additionally a machine with the I386 folder from the installation CD must be shared on the network..

The simplest way would be burning that CD though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom