Overclocking a E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
Just got mine today. I'm looking for some advice on how to over clock.
First off my Idle temp is about 30C and my Full load temp is 38C - 40C. More specs are in my sig.

For cooling I have a Zalman 9500 with AS5, The case has 2 120mm fans blowing air out and one infront sucking it in.

Anyway what tools should I use to over clock my CPU and what would be a reasonable Idle tempeature to keep my processer at? I know my motherboard came with AI Nos or what ever its called, It can be used to overclock.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The best way to overclock is through the BIOS. Do not use any software to overclock. Also, when overclocking, it's good to keep the temperatures, below 60C.

You will want to get some monitering programs like Speedfan, core temp, CPU Z, everest.

Stress test programs like OCCT, Prime 95, SuperPI, Orthos.

Heres my OC to give you an idea of settings.
2005541617038650787_rs.jpg

And the Thread of Updates.
It has arrived. - OverclockersClub Forums

I already downloaded CPU-Z, I'm going to have a look into those Stress test program's and read some more OC'ing tips before I try anything.

I would be happy to OC mine to 3.0 - 3.2ghz

Did you OC yours in the system Bios?

I was doing a bit of research... Do you think it would be wise to OC the cpu until the DRam:FSB ratio is 1:1.. I noticed you did that. Also what incriments should I increase the speed at... Best?? 1Mhz at a time???

I was doing a bit of research... Do you think 1.it would be wise to OC the cpu until the DRam:FSB ratio is 1:1.. I noticed you did that. Also what incriments should I increase the speed at... Best?? 1Mhz at a time???

1. Wise yes, Until what? No, its a setting you change. 2:2 is the same as 1:1, so whatever it is make it the same. So long as the ratio when reduced is 1:1 (Ig, Dunnue if/why you would had these settings but, 3:3, 4:4 etc etc..)

Well you can go to 3 Ghz (333 X 9 ) right away without really changing any settings. After that incriment by 3 or 5 Mhz, you can do more so long as you raise the Vcore or/and other voltages approprititly with the increased speed.

For example, after 3.1 Ghz I pretty much had to up the vcore one or two notches for every 3-5 Mhz I added.

It really depends on your setup....

I suggest you look through the thread I posted, I did alot of updates so you can get a good feel on how to do it.
Link again if you missed it.
It has arrived. - OverclockersClub Forums

5-10MHz increases to start, and then smaller increments, as you get closer to the max that the CPU can take.

Before I start I just have a few other questions.
To over clock in my bios I go into Jumperfree Config
100_0237.jpg

Change AI tuning to manual, then change the CPU frequency to 333? does that sound right to you guys?

Of course I will do this in small incriments. Sorry about pic quality lol.
100_0238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom