P4 3.4ghz runs HOT .. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy4719

Baseband Member
I have a p4 3.4ghz Dual core...

It is running at 50ish C IDLE and about 67+ under full load... Thats too hot don't you think?? When I play BF2142 I get low FPS because of this..

Thoughts?

p4 dual core? thats your first problem...is there one out there?
Heatsink correctly secured in place?
thermal paste applied?
fans running?
dust?
processes?
virus and spyware?
proper airflow?

^Check that stuff first..

If it is a pentium D.. because I can't recall any P4 Dual core's, they are known to run on the hot side, My PD 840 3.2ghz use to idle at 52 degrees no matter how many extra case fans I put in... then I replaced the stock intel cooler with a Zalman 9500 and Used some arctic Silver 5 and it went down 10C

2 exhast fans pushing out a total of 68cfm (1 rear, 1 top)
1 intake fan pushing in 34cfm (1 side)
radeon 1900gt video card with Accelero X2 heat sink and fan
hard drive cooling fan (20cfm blowing on drive)

I have the temps down on everything, but I think the stock fan and heatsink on the CPU isn't good enough... It runs idle at 50C and during gaming it gets at or above 70C (which is causing me HORRIBLE FPS in game).... This of course raises the system temp to the 60C+ range....

I have a new fan coming that pushes in or out 60CFM... Not sure if I should use it as exhaust or intake.... I will either make it INTAKE on side (somewhat blowing on CPU or exhaust in back)... I do not have a front area for fan...

I Had 2 120mm fans pushing air out and 2 sucking in.. still didn't help tempeatures...

opened the window during the winter... helped a bit.. but I lost a foot due to frost bite lol[/scarcasim]

Replace the fan and heatsink on your CPU, or just the fan if ur heatsink is ok. And apply some arctic 5 thermal paste to the heatsink.

theres the problem, your heatsink is stock...is the processor overclock BTW?

Processor is not overclocked...

So what specific product do you recommend for p4 775 chipset? And do you have to remove the motherboard if you do suggest (assuming) a new heatsink and fan for CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom