Thermal Paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, @Phantom, doesn't alcohol or acetone melt the bejebus out of thermal patches and paste? I use it to clean processors and HS and it seems to do the job.

i dont think acetone is very good for it, certaily not the type in fingernail polish remover. it leaves some sort of funky residue.
high-purity alcohol works fantastic. use a coffee filter to apply it, then another to dry. seriously. a coffee filter (no lint).
as5 comes right off with rubbing alcohol. but make sure its like 90% or above.

You might want to buy some ArctiClean Thermal Material Remover... sometimes that greyish patch can be hard to get cleaned off.. but if you take it off before you use it, it shouldn't be to difficult, because it hasn't melted yet.

This stuff is great. I bought this stuff awhile ago and I've used it ever since.
It makes old crap removal and surface cleaning a simple task. It's a 10 minute job done in less then 2 minutes.

Highly recommended.

I too will attest to how well the remover works. WE use it at work on a daily basis and it makes cleaning off old thermal compound a breeze.

^ You can also use "Lemon Juice Concentrate" as a thermal material remover. I'd recommend using a Q-TIP or a very small amount of paper towel to wipe it with the Juice. You can also use the oils of a lemon, lime or orange rind. You just have to squeeze the rinds enough to get enough oils to use for the cleaning.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, "Citric Acid" breaks down the thermal material extremely well and makes it easy to remove. (The basic ingredient in the arcticlean product we spoke about above.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom