Wireless PCI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadedstar

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have a DLink WDA-1320 wireless PCI network adapter here and my setup is not recognizing it. I tried every PCI slots and Windows never finds the *** card.

I have 2 other computers at home here and the card works on every other computer except mine.

My motherboard is an ASUS P5B, running Windows XP Professional. I just have no clue where to start for troubleshooting...

Any input?

thanks..

d.

Hello,

Are there any unknown devices listed in the device manager when the wireless PCI NIC is connected?

Nope, I check everywhere in the Device Manager and can't find anything. I also installed the latest software/drivers for this device and the DLink software itself says it doesn't find the card.

Really weird.

Maybe I should try a random PCI card and install it to see if the PCI slots are working... dead PCI slots sounds weird to me tho...

.d

Well here's an update.

I tried a wired PCI ethernet adapter and it works so my PCI slots are not the problem. I tried everything I could in the Bios (i.e. enabling/disabling plug and play, IRQ settings, etc.) and the WDA-1320 is still not recognized by the system.

The power light is slowly blinking on the card and I don't know what it means.

I'm trying to feel like a total dummy, help!!

thanks..

.fs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom