Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stinks about the steps issue.. I actually had that issue for about a week when I FIRST started with my GPU.. I don't remember what it was that I did to fix it, but it was somewhere in the GPU Client forum at the F@H forums... I will look for the thread that helped me.
EDIT: Here is the link that helped me with the setup of the GPU client.... Folding-community.org :: View topic - Problems with a HIS X1950XT /EDIT

If you aren't already using the CONSOLE client, I recommend it HIGHLY over the GPU client.

B1gapl, I figured you started GPU folding, your PPD went up alot.

Also, for all you you Dual Core users out there, you can take FULL advantage of your computer by running 1 client on EACH CPU core! Just note that EVERY GPU client will need a DEDICATED CPU to run, so if you run the GPU client on a single core machine, you can ONLY run the GPU client.

I also added a link to my previous post which may help with GPU client issues...

^ thats what I do. 2 consels.. I should go abit faster now that I'm in the process of putting a E6600 in my computer.

When you initially run the CONSOLE client, you pick advanced setup when it asks, and there is a MACHINE ID question... for core one, enter 0, for core two, enter 1.... you have to run the clients from separate directories... I made a folder named "Folding" in the Program Files Directory.... I have 2 folders in the Folding folder, "Core 1" and "Core 2".

Don't forget ED you have to add the -local tag at the console shortcut.

excample target: C:\Program Files\Folding@Home Console 1\FAHConsole.exe -local

So I can run the console client on one core, and the GPU client on the other core? I have the console in the partition with Windows in it. And the GPU client is in another partition where my games and stuff are. Do I still have to edit the Machine ID, and stuff, for the console?

Also, what drivers are you on Ethereal? I'm on 7.1.....ever since I changed to 7.1, this problem happened. The last time it worked, I was on 7.3 and 7.4.....I guess I'll try going back to 7.3 and 7.4....to see if it will work.

Don't forget ED you have to add the -local tag at the console shortcut.

excample target: C:\Program Files\Folding@Home Console 1\FAHConsole.exe -local

I am not familiar with what that does.....

B1g.. I am not sure about how to set up the Machine ID with a multicore setup.... I will look if I can get a chance...

As far as drivers go, I THINK I am using 7.3. I will check tonight.

So I can run the console client on one core, and the GPU client on the other core? I have the console in the partition with Windows in it. And the GPU client is in another partition where my games and stuff are. Do I still have to edit the Machine ID, and stuff, for the console?

Yep.. or 2 consel clients.. what ever you want.

On Windows you also have to add the -local Command line switch to the target line of the shortcut which starts the Console clients. Otherwise the clients will not run correctly.

To change Machine ID edit your shortcut so it looks like this... Basically add the " -config" tag.
Windows-folding-shortcut-properties-with-space-in-path-and-config-flag.png

Once you launch the shortcut you will be asked a bunch of questions..
Proceed through them and when you come to
"Change advanced options (yes/no) [no]? Answer yes to this question if you need to change the Machine ID."

One of the last questions is "Machine Id (1-8) [1]? " just type in 2 then hit enter.

You need to remove the -config tag from your shortcut after you are done.

More help.
FAH & SMP - FaHWiki
How do I reconfigure the console client options? - FaHWiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom