HP Deskjet 3650

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitzi

Baseband Member
Hi guys!

Just home from college and have noticed a problem with the home printer. I don't know how long it's being going on.

The light on the power button is flashing. I can't turn off the printer and I can't print anything. The Ink Cartridges are fairly new so shouldn't be empty.

Any help would be really appriciated!

Mitzi

Have you tried removing both the power and usb cable from the printer, then connecting them back to both the wall socket and the pc?

Sorry for the delay in replying! Tried that...no luck I'm afraid!

EDIT: S'ok now! Fiddled around with it and managed to sort it! Thanks :)

*Sigh*

Sorry guys...thought I had it - I actually did, I got to print one lot of exam papers and then whatever happened it went back to the flashing light.

I did have one document pending and that wouldn't delete for me so I thought that was why it wasn't printing. I deleted by doing this:

typing net stop spooler into RUN, Deleting the files in C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/SPOOL/PRINTERS, And then typing net start spooler into RUN. I refreshed the icon in the systray and my document pending deleted.

Still the flashing light though. :confused: :confused:

go to the printer page in control panel, file>server properties>drivers, and uninstall the driver in question, then reinstall with the new driver from the website, this will get rid of any existing drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom