OC So Far. Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
p.s. ste i know you just built this rig...your 4600 was an s939, i think, and you didnt trade an am2 for c2d this late in the game? just curious! :)

What? It wasn't AM2. But yea I was late, but I had to save money.

OC Update

Stable @:
CPU: 360 X 9 (3.24Ghz)
Vcore: 1.44
RAM timmings: 4-4-4-12
RAM Voltage: 2.1V
FSB Overvoltage: + .1

What? It wasn't AM2. But yea I was late, but I had to save money.

OC Update

Stable @:
CPU: 360 X 9 (3.24Ghz)
Vcore: 1.44
RAM timmings: 4-4-4-12
RAM Voltage: 2.1V
FSB Overvoltage: + .1

hmm im just curious, wouldnt all this OCing at least sometime kill the lifespan of ur CPU even faster?

in other words, shorten the lifespan of ur CPU until it finally dies on u? I mean that is what OCing is all about, is pushing the limits of the CPU to get a great performance, but in risk of killing off the CPU early even with the best cooling?

sry if i sound like a noob, but i OCed my eVGA 6600 LE in one day n i killed it, but for some reason can still boot.

Overclocking will shorten the life of anything you do it to/on. But it many cases it doesn't matter because the item is replaced some years down the road. Two to five years in many cases.
CPUs can last a lifetime, overclocking it will shorten (In 99% of the cases) its lifespan by a very insignificant amount of time. If the processor is properly cooled and the OCed monitered it is unlikely to die before you upgrade the computer anyways.

Update:

Now Stable @:
CPU: 372 X 9 (3.348 Ghz)
MCH Voltage: + .2V
VCore: 1.488V
RAM Voltage: + .2V
RAM Timming: 4-4-4-12
FSB Voltage: + .3V
Load temp: 47C (OCCT)
Idle temp: 42C (F@H SMP Client)

Heres where I am now, and probably where I will be for awhile.

2005541617038650787_rs.jpg

Vcore: 1.518
MCH Voltage: + .3V
RAM Volatge: + .2V
FSB Voltage: + .2V

Idle Temp: 43C (SMP F@H)
Load temp: 50C (OCCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom