Direct x 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure 'bout the official release date but i can sure tell u how u can get it .

Download DX9c herehttp://www.iamnotageek.com/uploads/DX-9c.zip
Installation Instructions:
(1) boot into safemode.
(2) Install Direct X 9.0c executable.
(3) Install Hotfix.
(4) Install the Registry Patch.
(5) Reboot.
(6) Click Start. Click Run. Type dxdiag.
(7) Verify it has been installed under the system tab.
(8) You're finished.

More details here

yeah does it work with win2000 and why does the link go to iamnotageek.com instead of microsoft?

and why install in safe mode?

whats the advantage to 9.0c?

Some people like to have the latest and greatest...

As in this case, DX9 isn't even supported by the majority of software developers yet. There are a handful of games that run on the DX9 engine. But.... the ones that do (Farcry anyone??) are definitely worth the wait!

i have DX 9b running on a Geforce 4 MX-440 se and it works fine, does this mean that DX 9c will work, or is it unpredictable?

jaknlisa619 : Not really sure if it will work on Win2k 'coz this set of DX9C is ripped off a XP SP2 distro. N' that leads to ur other question ...
Microsoft does not have any official release Dx9c though SP2 releases have them someone already ripped off the files n' posted it on iamnotageek.com that's the reason link.
U need to install in safe mode b'coz Xp's file version checker will replace it with older files again. It's similar to replacing a logo screen or bootup screen.

Dx9c is supposed to have much better support for pixelshaders ..n' that way newer cards like the 98oo n' 5950's get better.

Andrew GF4 cards don't support Dx9 ..so it wouldn't really help in any way changing to DX9c

thanks preet, i guess i'll just wait until it comes out officially for win2000 straight from m$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom