Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Batch Image Editing

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
motoxer4533
Try again!

Send a message via AIM to motoxer4533 Send a message via MSN to motoxer4533
Default Re: Batch Image Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Switch View Post
Photoshop was, and will never be designed to work with more than a few images at a time. If all you need to do to say, color correct 200 images what would you do with photoshop? You would have to open up each one and do them individually. Just think how long that would take, and it's only 200 images! Not only that, but photoshop is destructive. You have to go through a million steps to not destroy your image. That slows you down and can create confusion for when you need to undo something.

Or you can open them up in a RAW workflow program and do all your levels, curves, brightness/contrast, hue/saturation, Grayscale mixing, etc, all simultaneously with 200 images in about 20 minutes tops. If the lighting was completely different for each image, than yes of course it's going to take longer, but it still will be a drastically shorter amount of time. And guess what, Good RAW workflow programs are completely nondestructive. They just do instruction sets over the image instead of actually changing the image itself like in photoshop.

Photoshop can do alot of things, but it can't do everything. As a photographer, CS2 is the last program I use when I'm doing post-production. The other 80% of my workflow is done in Lightroom and other misc. programs.
Couldn't you just make an action where you do the color correction, then selection the next image? Just play it through for the pics. Doesn't seem very hard.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.