Upgrading to a C2D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
I'm Finally going ahead and buying a C2D. I know the E6300 is a great overclocker. Anyway, I was looking into getting an E6320 or going ahead and getting a E6600. What do you guys think? should I buy an E6320 and OC it and save money, or buy an E6600 and OC it. I already have the cooler im going to use, Its a Zalman 9500.

I will be using it mostly for gaming and F@H.

How do you think the imporvment over my PD 830 3.2Ghz 800mhz FSB will be?

If you have the money, I would go with the E6600. At stock with will beat it. If you oc to around 3.2-3.6Ghz which i believe is the average for this you will be destroying that CPU. So all in all the E6600 will be your best bet since you already have DX10.

If you oc to around 3.2-3.6Ghz which i believe is the average for this you will be destroying that CPU.

Very hard to destroy a CPU nowadays. Both processors should overclock to roughly the same target. If the E6600 manages to get ahead of the E6320, it won't be enough to justify the price.

its only like $50 difference, but he's right. it just depends on how much you want to spend.

nice to see you back TriEclipse.

By destroying that cpu he ment if I over clocked a E6600 it would destroy my pentium D.

Very hard to destroy a CPU nowadays. Both processors should overclock to roughly the same target. If the E6600 manages to get ahead of the E6320, it won't be enough to justify the price.

Its very easy to destroy a CPU get a Pentium I and get a Core 2 Duo, thats how u destroy a CPU lol!! but seriously tho i think he means CPU Comparison destroy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom