Help me reach 3.0ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDSCOrPiO

Daemon Poster
Well, last night i voltmoded the crap outta my motherboard so now my v-core is 1.550v and my vdimm is 3.13v, but i just can't get to 3ghz. I'm at 2.86ghz now but any higher i run into probs. Would a cheap psu be holding me back??, temps hit 57c max and idle at 32c. Any input would be apreceated..

cpu-2862.jpg

If you have valueram, that could hold you back. The PSU doesn't really make any difference when it comes to clocks, maybe on voltmodding, but not for clocks. I say it could be your ram.

i do have kingston value ram but i have hit 3.0ghz awhile ago so i dont see y it dont go there now. back then i had 1gb instead of 1.5gb

what problems do you run into at higher clocks? also what frequency is your ram running at with that clock?
did you get to 3.0 with the same setup? if the only thing you have changed since then (besides the voltmod) is adding another 512 of ram, try taking it out.

basically anything higher, it blue screens as it loads my desktop, ive added a new vid card, 512mb ram (same type), hard drive, and psu since i hit 3.0ghz last

**EDIT**
Do you think my ram doesn't like being forced to run with 3.13v????

no problem there buddy.
can you raise your ht multiplier to 4 maybe? will give it a small performance boost...
you may have to increase the ht voltage a little to achieve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom