Question about core usage(AMD X2 4200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
I was just looking on Everest and noticed only core 2 seems to be being used whilst in normal usage(on windows/internet ect) and then i loaded a game to see if i could make the other core "work" but it stayed on "0%" the whole time, no matter what i did i couldnt make it move from 0%, i never noticed this before until i looked on Everest :confused:

you can see if it works (if that is your concern) by starting a program, or a couple of them, then ctrl+alt+del, click on processes tab, choose one of the .exe being run, right click "set affinity", then pick a cpu 0 or 1(both boxes will be checked, meaning the program has the ability to run on either core). core 2 on everest will likely be cpu 1. do this while running another on cpu
0. then click on the "performance" tab, and you should see the usage of both cores.
if you dont see it being used in ctrl+alt+del "performance" after doing this, you have a another problem besides everest.
another thing, how old is your everest? may need to download newer version? this could be likely.

Correct me if im wrong but the box ive circled clearly shows both cores are infact working?
jjjj.jpg

Ahh well who cares about Everest not showing the cpu usage correctly, as long as my cpu is working ok :D i only have Everest to check my system/gpu temps anyway, it seems to be pretty accurate at that.

I have the lastest version as far as i know but ill check.

what cpu do you have now then? is it the one in your sig or havent you got round to editing it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom