cannot install vista.. got a dell mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
ok, here's the problem guys. me and 4 other friends went and bought vista ultimate just to try something new. it worked in 3 of my friends computers which they built it them selves.. but for me and my other friend, it didnt work. the only reason my friends could give me was because we both have dell computers. i dont know what the problem is, but according to my friends, the dell bios is not letting me install a third party software. my comp is not fully dell, it was at one point but i have upgraded almost everything except the cpu and mobo. i dont think its got anything to do with the cpu. my mobo is intel but is from dell. so my friends are trying to persuade me to buy a new mobo so that vista can be installed.
i dont know if it would work if i get a new mobo
i have no problem buying a new mobo if i can be sure that this would work, but i just dont want to waste money on the mobo and later find out that vista doesnt work again

so friends, any advise for me,
i will appreciate it a lot
thanks

can u tell me what problem do u get when try to install may be i can solve as i have already installed it on my
p4 intel
512 ddr2 ram

If you want help, you need to say what it does.....not just that it doesn't work. Also, unless you're going to game using DX10, there really is nothing worth getting vista for right now.

b4 u give up entirely just run Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and i think there is software on ur system that won't let u upgrade.... after that run the program and tell us of any incompatibilities it has on Ultimate (remember to click the Ultimate Tab)

Hello,

...the only reason my friends could give me [it] was because we both have dell computers...

A bit confoosed. How come? Could you explain a bit more?

...i dont know what the problem is, but according to my friends, the dell bios is not letting me install a third party software...

:freak: Your friends are speaking gibberish :p. The problem isn't the BIOS.

Also as already said, you need to be more specific about the problem. Do you have a Vista Upgrade disc or is it a full retail version? Are you upgrading or doing a clean install of Vista? What error are you getting and when does it occur?

well, sorry about not clarifying the actuall problem. well, i tried the vista advisor and it said it would work. but when i install it, it wont let it activate and i dont get the geniune logo, and there appears a big dell logo. it just lets me get a trial version. and yes, i bought a retail version of it from best buy. so please could u guys help. i'll provide more info if this is not clear, or if i find out something new.

???? I'm still severely confused on what is going on here. If you're saying it wont let you activate it, then yes, it did install. Even if it wouldn't let you activate it, you still have 30 or so days, so this whole situation still doesn't make sense.

well, i am sorry i am confusing u guys. what i meant to say was it installs for once and says it cannot be activated. and when i restart, it doesnt give me the option to choose between vista or xp. i know its active for 30 days, but what after that? i bought this thing, so i want it to be active for ever.
so everytime i need to go in vista, i need to put the disc in and reboot and re install

i tried re-installing it, and it still says its not activated. its conflicting dell. will getting a new mobo work. well thanks for all your help guys.i really appreciate it, and sorry if i got some of you confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom