Graphic Misplacement - GPU Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Whats going on guys...

I have a eVGA 8800GTS 640MB (I am now on the third RMA'd one). What is happening now is after only a few minutes of Gameplay (Battlefield 2, NASCAR Racing 2003), I will notice Graphics will start appearing on things that should not have them, like for Battlefield 2 for example, the Machine Gun will take on the textures of the grass, rendering a green gun, or in NASCAR Racing 2003, my car will take on textures of another car. On the nVidia tool, it says my GPU temp is 70 C....
whats going on?

The 8800's are still in the early stages like vista, there are sill problems and the card is probaly crapped up

70 is not hot for a GPU. The G80's can go into low 80's really.

I say it's vista or just 64 bit if your running one of those as well..

Like sora said 70 C is a decent temp on an 8800 lol... they are known to run hot.

I've had stuff happen like that to me to... I have the same card but am using XP... Id play test drive unlimited and sometimes cars would change color for a breif second or dissappear. Before the driver update I use to have my drivers crap out for no reason in the middle of a game. I'm Glad they fixed that one.

I lol'ed at eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB Craphics Card in your sig lol.

Like sora said 70 C is a decent temp on an 8800 lol... they are known to run hot.

I've had stuff happen like that to me to... I have the same card but am using XP... Id play test drive unlimited and sometimes cars would change color for a breif second or dissappear. Before the driver update I use to have my drivers crap out for no reason in the middle of a game. I'm Glad they fixed that one.

I lol'ed at eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB Craphics Card in your sig lol.

haha, thats what it is. I am on my third one and its ****ing me off, lol. BTW, Im running XP too, Im waiting a few more months until I look at Vista...

Same here... im going to wait for SP1 to come out... and some of my current hardware still has the vista drivers in development, so it would be kind of pointless to upgrade now... for me anyway.

I had all kinds of weird things going on with my card for a while.... I still can't manage to get the video out to send the signal to my television.. I tried everything.. even called evga and got them to walk through it with me... still nothing... lol... I think that it just dosen't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom