Video Card Problems! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synister

Beta member
So ive always had an overheating issue with my ATI-All-In-Wonder 9800, but recently (as in last night) it got a lot worse, it would'nt play my games at all and so i gave up trying, and this morning i tried to play but it seems that my card has almost gone out completely, when i load up my computer at the windows login screen the screen loads from the top down, as well as anything else i open almost like my frame rates are terrible or something, when i try to play any online game that requires 3d acceleration it wont play, all of my drivers are up to date as well, any help with this issue im having will be greatly appreciated.

did u OC it?

if u did, that is probably y. I OCed my 6600 too much, n look what happened, it died.....sort of.....still working.

U could try to take off the heatsink n fan n put artic silver thermal paste on it.

i have a worse situation then u buddy, i disabled my other video card n now i need Windows XP Pro Setup CD to repair my computer n i dont have one, not even the Geek Squad can help because they said it would be illegal to fix my computer this way. Havent been able to use it since Feburary, n now i lost all my chars in D2 thx to my brillance :'-(.

How old is it? if it 2-3 years old the card could just be dying because i have a 3 year old geforce fx 5500 and the fan recently died so i replaced it and now it is saying it has only 64mb of ram instead of 128 but i have overclocked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom