EIDE recommended for be best interfaced HDD to go with then SATA 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
my friend, who understands computers better then i do, asked me in an email on which interface is better to go with, EIDE or SATA 3.0?

i know it's rumored that SATA 6.0 is coming the future, but from what i read from wikipedia.org, it seems that EIDE is faster in Gbit/s then SATA right now. If im correct, wouldnt EIDE HDDs cost more to manufacture n sell to consumers?

ive gonna respond back soon, so it would be great if anyone 'smart with HDDs' can help me out, i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Wildside

P.S. i know wikipedia.org is NOT the most reliable source but a helpful 'Learn about anything for Dummies' site i visit often. I mean, i go there just to learn things about, for example, Mortal Kombat or shows, etc.

mechanical hdd's cannot currently spin move fast enough to utilise the entire bandwith my barracuda's run at a 80mb/sec maximum when they are sata2 which allows a lot faster data transfer

mechanical hdd's cannot currently spin move fast enough to utilise the entire bandwith my barracuda's run at a 80mb/sec maximum when they are sata2 which allows a lot faster data transfer

oh so EIDE is for mechanical HDD uses? Didnt know that. Alright thx, ill let my friend know, thx for the info.

I don't know if it is for mechanical harddrive use but I know that mechanical hardrives can only go so fast. It could be designed for flash hdd's which are alot faster and have 0seek time compared to 3.6ms of 1500rpm scsi drives. flash hdd's have a current limited retail capacity of 32gb and it will cost you around $550. I am thinking of getting one for my next build and have a little play with it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom