OC So Far. Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Here it is so far, I put up information On anything I thought relevant. If you need some other information to help me just ask and I will get the screen shot.

2004139343497437107_rs.jpg

So As I stand right now: 345 X 9, 3.105 Ghz. I have been unable to get past this point. If I try to go higher, it Will POST, it will Boot into windows, but as soon as I stress test (OCCT On one core, F@H on the other) it will restart with no Blue screen. I have upped the Vcore a bit, what should I do? The Timmings are already @ 5-5-5-13.

FYI, Load temps when I did OCCT test where 40C Both Cores. The temp shown in the Pics are Idle, only F@H Running.

If thats an actualy reading, it doesn't make sense, how can both cores be 30C and another sensor very close be 85C. I thought that was the MAX Temp..?

If that is an actual temp reading I could always throw my tornado on the base of the Scythe mine and throw a slower CFM fan on the northbridge.

Again. I don't think that is an actual reading, as it has never changed. It was 85C when at Stock, it was 85C Idle @ 3 Ghz and it was 85C @ 3.1 GHz load.

Any other comments on how to break this rough spot?

wow......thats pretty fast. I didnt know Core 2 Duos are built with a 65nm architecture.

man im slow on learning about Intel lately, my mind is like focused on AMD, only, 95% AMD, 5% Intel, lol.

wow......thats pretty fast. I didnt know Core 2 Duos are built with a 65nm architecture.

man im slow on learning about Intel lately, my mind is like focused on AMD, only, 95% AMD, 5% Intel, lol.

To make you feel worse I will put it like this.
With the Setup and OC I have now, My Farcry levels load in less than one minute. There by on my Old Setup (X2 4600, 1 GB RAM, 6800 AGP) it took three some times four minutes to load a level.

Farcry was just the first game I reinstalled so I used it as an example..
Hehe.. :)

maybe you have hit one of the fabled fsb walls?
try raising it to more than the standard 5-10 mhz, if you havent tried that yet.
also, i dunno too too much about ocing the c2d's but i have read that sometimes it takes more vcore to reach the same oc. whats the max you can use? maybe it needs a wee bit more juice?

p.s. ste i know you just built this rig...your 4600 was an s939, i think, and you didnt trade an am2 for c2d this late in the game? just curious! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom