New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobriquet.

Baseband Member
Well after talking to my dad about upgrading, he thought it would be better to just buy a new PC just in case I botch the job, which in all honesty is a fair point :p

So yeah, anybody recommend any sites? Are Dell any good? I was thinking of getting one from Mesh, likke this or something.
because really, my monitor is fine, I have a keyboard and mouse, so all I need is just a barebones PC like that.

Thansk for any guideance.

you can't botch the job though it is so simple I don't see how people think it is so complicated you don't have to build the components or solder the wires it is just a case of putting the right thing in the right hole.

Dell use cheap parts and lock the bios also they can be complete idiots sometimes I know somebody who had the hsf attached the wrong way round on his dell pc they replaced it but he had to wait 3 weeks
alienware use decent parts but are expensive
Mesh- I have heard mixed reviews some people say that they are **** others that they are great

What I am upgrading I may aswell just buy a new PC and for the budget theres not much difference.

I mean yeah, I could build a PC and have friends who can too, but I think that unless you are building like a really good performance PC, £20 difference between building yourself and buying premade just isnt worth it.

My friend has a Mesh, and the PC i was looking at has free double memory :)

its very hard to go wrong when building a PC even if you dont know much

what is your budget?
your use?
your build deadline?

Budget is about £300-£350 because I have a good monitor, keyboard, speakers etc

My use is listening to music, surfing the web, endless hours on photoshop, running other various programmes. I also use it for light gaming. I would like to game more but my current set up restricts that.

And what do you mean by build deadline?

when do you want to make it by as components are constantly being updated and parts getting cheaper it is nice to know whether you want this system now or in a months time.your right building isn't really worth it in your case but if you double that budget it would be worth building and you could get a very good system for your money. I doubt you will find a great desktop for that cash though as it is quite a low budget and when you add in a ll the stupid extras they normally give you it would probably be them losing money

I only need the base unit and the one I was looking at has:

# AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 3800+ - Socket AM2
# Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium Edition
# Mini-Tower Micro ATX Case +250W PSU - Black/Silver
# ASUS M2V-MX AM2 K8M890 Micro ATX Mainboard
# 1024MB DDR2 533MHz Memory - (2x512MB)
# 250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
# Super Format SONY 18x Dual Layer DVD Writer +R/-R/RW/RAM
# 128MB nVIDIA GeForce 6150 PCI-Express - (onboard - non DVI)
# 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio-SoundMAX (on-board)
day trial

For £299.

I could upgrade the processor to a AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5000+ for £50 and it comes with free double memory.

can you overclock??? or is the bios locked becuase if you can then there is no need to upgrade the chip just use the money to buy more ram and a hsf

I dont feel the need to overclock really.

I think with the free double ram (so an extra GB) all the slots will be filled so I wont be able to put more in it.

Like I said, im not going for completly off the hook PC, I just want one that will run multiple programmes with ease. But will also be there for what holds in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom