i need help with added hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, that aint a SATA hdd, thas an IDE drive. look at the cable!!! u didnt have to rip anythin out, just look at the cable next time :)

Put everything back togather, reboot, go into bios and make sure it selected to auto detect all drives this should take care of the cdrw's as well. if it boots up stating no os you need to reinstall XP or whatever operating system
of your choice

is not detecting the harddrive or the new cd rom and bios is set as auto detect
so reinstalling xp is the only way to go from here?

You should be able to get the hard drive recognized with out reinstalling the OS. Have you tried using a Live Linux CD like Knoppix to see if you can recognize the hard drive? Does it show up in the bios at all?

it dosent show up in the bios and i cant burn cuz i have to get all my cd writers working so i wont be able to get a copy of a live linux cd im gona go head and just reistall the windows im gona lose alot of files but ohh well sacrifices must be made for the greater good sometimes and hopefully it ll recognize everything

well now my pc wont boot if i have that harddrive pluged in but it bootrs wen i unplug it now im lost lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom