i need help with added hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
this is the thing i have this hp media center i had it for 3 years now
is a pentium 4 ht inside 2.8 ghz /512ddr ram/hp dvd writer 300/radeon 9200
i got another old comp from my cousin and a brand new case a bigger case
so i desided to pull the cd writer the ram and the 80gb harddrive form it and tranfer it to the new case along with my whole comp i never done this b4 or seen anyone do it but is simple at least i think it was my pc is runing fine all i need is for it to make the new harddrive and both cd drves work

i never programed anything i know it has something to with bios and i need some help cuz i have no clue on that part everything is installed

one cd drive is conected as master and the other as slave so r the harddrives

i just need to install the one harddrive and both cd drives other than that my is ruing from were im posting this lol

thanks in advance

ok, you gotta make sure that the primary master is the hdd which has the os on it. Then just start the computer, and go into the bios. Check that the pc sees all the drives and stuff. If it doesnt, continue booting anyway, and go into disk management. See if you can see the drives in there.

oh rite, if you have xp, right click on my computer and select 'manage' then disk management is in there. If you dont have xp, go into control panel/administrative tools/computer management/disk managment
See if they r there.

yes i have windows xp no it only shows my main drive and the internal back up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom