What is this thing? is it like water cooling or fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't need to hookup anything to it like a water cooling system? Like a really powerful AMD Stock Cooler

well it is aircooling and it will probably work on the principal that someone was explaining about a week ago I can't remember how but when you put an electric current through one side of a metal strip and the opposite end cools down. A fan is then use to push the hot air out and another fan pushes the cool air in. Very basic but hopefully you get the idea. If you are looking for extreme cooling phase change cooling is your best option :D

I found a complete description of the cooling system

The Monsoon II Lite is a thermoelectric cooler (TEC cooler) which means it used the Peltier effect, the theory that there is a heating or cooling effect when electric current passes through two conductors. A voltage applied to the free ends of two dissimilar materials creates a temperature difference. With this temperature difference, Peltier cooling will cause heat to move from one end to the other. A typical thermoelectric cooler will consist of an array of p- and n- type semiconductor elements that act as the two dissimilar conductors. The array of elements is soldered between two ceramic plates, electrically in series and thermally in parallel. As a dc current passes through one or more pairs of elements from n- to p-, there is a decrease in temperature at the junction ("cold side") resulting in the absorption of heat from the environment. The heat is carried through the cooler by electron transport and released on the opposite ("hot") side as the electrons move from a high to low energy state.

Monsoon II Active TEC CPU Cooling System

If everything goes as planned the electron flow should carry the heat from the hot plate to the cold plate thanks to the flow of electrons that is feed from the included control interface system that runs on a 12V power input. It sounds complex, but the Monsoon II is a plug-in-play cooling solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom