PLEASE Help.. Boot Drive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trbngr86

Beta member
I have two questions.
1) Ok so here is my problem. I have a hard drive SATA 160gb as my boot drive in my comp.. XP. I cloned C to a 320 SATAII gb hd with xxclone, and did the extra tool to make the new drive (F) bootable. However I cannot figure out how to change it so the computer boots from F instead of C. I need to do this cause my original drive is old and could go out anytime. Please if someone can explain how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. I have searched all over online, but I can't find any reference to my situation.

2) My 320 gb seagate hd I just bought, has the jumper limiting it to 1.5GB/s on it. How do I remove this to get the 3GB/s transfer rate. It is real tiny and there is no easy way (that I can see) to get it out.

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks

Kyle

Well once you cloned the OS partition to the new drive, just physicaly unplug the old drive. Then the computer will see the only windows install is on the new 320GB drive, and boot from that.

I know that that would work, but I want to keep the old drive plugged in for extra storage and backing up stuff. Thanks for your reply though.

You cant switch from one drive to another when you are in windows. First you have to get the pc to boot off of the new drive, once you do that, you can wipe the old drive clean and use it as a second storage drive.

double post I have answered your questions on the other one. "and you are" no offence but you need to tell him exactly he obviously doesn't know that there is an option in the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom