ATI / AMD HD 2900 XTX - Owned By The GTX still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All these speculators are starting to **** me off. These cards are designed for DX10 games and apps not DX9. Yes you can perform tests and stuff, but making conclusions and saying **** now just makes them stupid. Idiots!

What will matter is what it does with Crysis. Wait til then to buy one. Plus drivers can be an issue, so another reason to STFU and wait before running your mouths.

All these speculators are starting to **** me off. These cards are designed for DX10 games and apps not DX9. Yes you can perform tests and stuff, but making conclusions and saying **** now just makes them stupid. Idiots!

What will matter is what it does with Crysis. Wait til then to buy one. Plus drivers can be an issue, so another reason to STFU and wait before running your mouths.

when will dual-cores and DX10 finally be ready for today's software...?

When quad-cores are the main stream and Dx11 comes out :p

Please watch your tounge as these are not so much speculations as you think. Regardless of WHAT YOU THINK. AMD/ATI have already told 150+ journalists in a press statement that the XTX will NOT be able to compete with the 8800GTX. I'm willing to bet my entire rig that they know more about what to expect in DX10 than you, as well as they probably wouldn't be saying it cant compete if they thought the drivers were an issue. If they say they are throwing in the towel then who are you to say different? I highly suggest you watch your mouth in these forums as I know I myself don't like to see people told STFU on their speculations becuase of benchmarks and the fact of an ATI press release stating that it won't compete.

^^LMAO^^ yeah i second that. nobody needs to STFU except the people telling others to STFU, so STFU. and now i will STFU. woot.

AMD themselves have thrown in the towel.

maybe amd is just to busy making a giant conroe-shaped fly swatter (named k10) to be concerned with the video card business.

I've been talking with a lot people over this... And some think AMD / ATI is just pulling peoples legs... Telling them one thing when they are doing another.

Ie: Our card sucks, And wont do anything... Release day comes, It owns all...

Thoughts on this matter?

And don't bash me on this. LOL I didn't say it, Just quotes I've been reading and getting on their opinion. I haven't seen it stated here yet, But the way this topic is going, I'm almost scared to even post for fear of being bashed over it. Eh.

Plus drivers can be an issue, so another reason to STFU and wait before running your mouths.

No the drivers are not an issue

* AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT (745 MHz core, 800 MHz GDDR3)
* AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 XTX (750 MHz core, 1010 MHz GDDR4)
* AMD ATI Catalyst v8.361 (drivers slated for retail)
* NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (650 MHz core, 1000 MHz GDDR3)
* ASUS P5N32-E SLI (nForce 680i)
* Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800
* Corsair XMS2 PC2-8500 (800 MHz, 5-5-5-18, 1T)
* Acer X241W

They were using the retail drivers, the drivers that will come with the card

GDDR4 didn't help the X1900XTX and X1950XTX beat their XT counterparts by tons in the last series. I don't think it's just a driver issue...we may see increased performance from new ones however it will not rival an 8800GTX. AMD themselves have thrown in the towel on the R600....they said it themselves.

Link to the throwing in of the towel please.

Link to the throwing in of the towel please.

X1950XTX barely beats X1900XTX

graw.gif

fear-1600.gif

oblivion.gif

Nvidia's GeForce 8800 graphics processor - The Tech Report - Page 14

^yeaaaa

The new cards are the 2900s not 1900s chief.

Yes I know

The difference between X1950XTX and X1900XTX, is that X1950XTX has faster memory speed

The difference between 2900XTX and 2900XT, is that 2900XTX has faster memory speed

I want to show that faster memory speed barely makes any difference. And thats why 2900XTX barely beats 2900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom