Do I need a 56K modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
So I use DSL broadband to access the internet. I use the ethernet cable.

So my question is...when I buy a new desktop computer, do I need to get a 56K modem? In other words, does the system need a modem for any other reason than accessing the internet? Or if I use broadband, is it just a waste of money?

Simple question...Thanks for help.

Just make sure that the new computer that you buy comes with Onboard LAN ( almost every computer comes with that ). If you want more than 1 computer accessing the internet you will need a router and of course a lan cable thats all.

No, there is no need for a 56k modem.

****, now i have a phone line stuck in one of my ethernet ports. The tab is too big to squeeze out... =(

use pliers to get the phone line out, and make sure not to damage the ethernet ports. Oh, and get a new phone line.

****, now i have a phone line stuck in one of my ethernet ports. The tab is too big to squeeze out... =(

lol, you might want to do some research on the difference about phone line ports and ethernet ports but, yea use soem needle nose pliers and try not to bend the little pens in the ethernet port

dang i should've put j/k ,it works in my wall plugs if it helps lol. My little brother tried that the other day since this house has rj45 jacks instead of rj11 jacks and we can hook up either cat5e or phone chable into it it makes home networking easy and it's quicker than wireless and great since i no longerhave to run a 200ft cable to get internet downstairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom