ATI / AMD HD 2900 XTX - Owned By The GTX still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be something wrong there. The XTX was only slightly better than the XT.

b1gapl,

They were comparing 2900XTX to an overclocked 8800GTX, and thats why 8800GTX outperformed it.

And since 8800 Ultra will be an overlcocked GTX with GDDR4 then this means that nvidia will kick ATI's *** again.......

will h4x 4 food,

You are right 8800 Ultra use GDDR3
But the price is not going to be $999

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - GeForce 8800 Ultra Card & Final Clocks Unveiled

It says that " Industry sources are speculating that NVIDIA might revise the pricing downwards to be in better competition with the upcoming Radeon HD 2900 XT cards"

Here is a picture for 8800 Ultra
8800U.jpg

will h4x 4 food,

You are right 8800 Ultra use GDDR3
But the price is not going to be $999

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - GeForce 8800 Ultra Card & Final Clocks Unveiled

It says that " Industry sources are speculating that NVIDIA might revise the pricing downwards to be in better competition with the upcoming Radeon HD 2900 XT cards"
I hope so, but I am still getting the impression that this "ultra" card is just going to be another 7800gtx 512(except without the ram, of course). I'm gonna guess that they are going to inflate the price at least to 700. I really hope it is not 999 dollars.

Why would they charge that much? Nobody will buy it at that price, it wont be significantly better enough, and they know that. Not to mention competitive pricing will help their battle with ATI at the moment.

Why would they charge that much? Nobody will buy it at that price, it wont be significantly better enough, and they know that. Not to mention competitive pricing will help their battle with ATI at the moment.

They would do it because it would be a huge profit maker. Even if its only a tiny bit better there will be people that either don't know or don't care and will buy it because they want the absolute best. Its like the people with 2x 8800gtx, its not needed but they have it. Nvidia would simply make a small number of the cards and sell them for a huge profit per card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom