Firefox flickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
Has this happened to anyone before?

When I visit certain websites in firefox, it "flickers". What I mean is this:

I click on a link, to let's say "TechForums". When it goes to the site, the screen goes completely white for a split second, sort of a flicker. Sometimes this happens twice. After that, the webpage I'm visiting is perfectly fine, until I click the next link, and then it might happen again.

This doesn't happen on all websites. And this doesn't happen in IE either.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Is it an extension? Is it simply Firefox problems?

Ive had the exact same problem for weeks mate, it never used to happen though.
Im using the lastest version of firefox and it only happens on this site, no others, and the problem doesnt happen if i use I.E 7 but im not using it just so i can visit this site flicker free!
Ive no idea what the problem is

Yes, this has been happening to me also about 3 weeks or so. It's odd. Maybe firefox's update has problems. Does anyone else out there have this problem?

i posted this on here, got a few replys but i still have the problem.
Since we both have the same problem that tells me(you) that it is firefox thats the problem, its just finding out what exactly.
As i said this doesnt put me off FF as this is the only site thats effected, its just annoying

If nobody else knows and i find out the answer then ill pm you, and you pm me if you find an answer, deal?

ok, must be an extension then............
Im running the following extensions
Download manager tweak
fasterfox
firefoxmenu buttons
gmail manager
nightly tester tools
ook video ook
yahoo toolbar

Well, the same extension on your list that I use are....

Download Accelerator Plus Integration
Ook Video

The rest not....

This "flicking" happens on TechForums, Slickdeals, maybe it has to do with password sites?

Anyway, if I find out, I'll definitely PM you....

my extensions:

fasterfox
foxytunes
ie tab
pdf downloader
sage
unplug
update notifier

I am using it on Linux (ubuntu 7.04 beta) but when I use to run windows 2-3 months ago didn't notice any flickering with firefox

Although having said that about my extensions why is it only this forum that i see the flicking on? i use another 2-3 forums with passwords daily, no problems on them.

Its a real head scratcher.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom