ATI/AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you really think it takes you create a new card thats slightly better than your last one. Nvidia likes to do it every 5 or 6 months so it seems.

I'm just saying Nvidia hasn't just been sitting around drinking beer and picking their asses for 5 months. They have something brewing and it's the R600 killer in their mind. I'm not saying that ATI is going to be demolished but everyone is jsut saying how the R600 is the end and game over Nvidia for a while just as ATI was with the 8800 series...however anything can happen in marketing and we will see.

I read this past days that NVIDIA will announce at May 1 the 8800 Ultra but is just a overclocked 8800GTX, anyway most likely they will launch the 8900 sometime in November or maybe earlier.

I dont know, November would be almost a year wouldnt it? I thought Nvidia usually got them out every few quarters. Havent been on the computer scene for more than a year and a half so im still kinda new so correct me if im wrong.

Nvidia likes to add new cards every quarter or so however they aren't always cards that are the most powerful. The 7900GS came in full force in September and has pretty much has taken over the 7900GT's place as they don't even make the GT's anymore.

Usually it's like every half a year or so that they release a card that's more powerful than their current powerhouse which would be soon...however technology is never certain as it took decades to perfect dual-core and now we have Quad-Cores coming? The time it takes to release a new product is never certain and we can only make speculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom