Im really getting sick of computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
Okay so today (my birthday) I get my new graphics card, 2gbs of ram, and my new headset. This is supposed to finish my pc today. So I get everything in there and I think I have everything hooked up. So I try to turn it on and nothing zilch. I try to open it with the little handle it has and a cord gets stuck in the crack so I pull harder and it breaks the handle off leaving me mad as fire. So with that said I finnally get it open and then I see the cpu fan on my cpu has loose cords and it falls off. So at this point I just punch the case in the side breaking the window because I was just sick with messing with it. So with that outta my way I need to know if I could get these 3 things for under 150$ A new case, cpu fan for my intel core 2duo e6300, and a good psu.

Okay so here is my setup.
Ram:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Video card:
Newegg.com - XFX PVT73GU1D4 GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Fatal1ty Professional Series Video Card - Retail
Mobo:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Cpu:
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Case:( I was using ) Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

I think thats about it but I was just wondering if I had enough juice to even get this thing going...( I was using a 500 wat that came with the case) So if you could please help me pick out A new case with a decent number of fans for over clocking and no flashy lights or anything just plain would be nice. Keep in mind it has to be sorta wide for the fatal1ty graphics card to fit in. And I still need a good psu and cpu fan. Btw I'm sure everything here is compatible but if its not please tell me.

Don't use the PSUs that come with the cases. They aren't anygood. (most likely the problem)

I would use a 450w Fortron w/ a cheap Coolermaster case.

Well, punching your case doesn't solve the problem. I'm confused, so your CPU fan fell off !? Make sure you install the heatsink correctly, I don't seem to understand what the problem is with the stock heatsink. You have to put the pegs into the holes on the motherboard, then twist those 4 knobs, it should be tight and not loose.

This is a proper way of installing the components. Take out your motherboard tray and set it aside, install the CPU & heatsink with the motherboard outside of the case. Make sure the heatsink is tight and placed correctly, it should not be loose at all. Then install the RAM, and mount the motherboard onto the tray. Install the tray back into your case, before you install the video board connect everything. Make sure you motherboard 24-pin plug and 4pin ATX plug is connected to your PSU. Then connect the case's power/reset wires on the correct motherboard pins. Make sure your HDD(s) and optical drive(s) are plugged into the PSU, and then make the proper connections to your motherboard. Everything else should be pretty simple.

With only $150-price of a new case, I wouldn't bother replacing your current PSU unless it's defected. I don't see why you need to replace your HSF, how is it broken?

Stock PSUs aren't that great (and should be replaced) but they usually are just fine for short-term use. Getting a high-quality one is highly recommended but that is mainly because stock PSUs don't last very long and is to ensure stability and safety after a couple of months. Make sure everything is connected and if it still doesn't work I would get a new PSU (one from a good company, not something like a rosewill, anything under 60 bucks is probably a POS instead of a PSU. Antec is a good choice).

Well, punching your case doesn't solve the problem. I'm confused, so your CPU fan fell off !? Make sure you install the heatsink correctly, I don't seem to understand what the problem is with the stock heatsink. You have to put the pegs into the holes on the motherboard, then twist those 4 knobs, it should be tight and not loose.

This is a proper way of installing the components. Take out your motherboard tray and set it aside, install the CPU & heatsink with the motherboard outside of the case. Make sure the heatsink is tight and placed correctly, it should not be loose at all. Then install the RAM, and mount the motherboard onto the tray. Install the tray back into your case, before you install the video board connect everything. Make sure you motherboard 24-pin plug and 4pin ATX plug is connected to your PSU. Then connect the case's power/reset wires on the correct motherboard pins. Make sure your HDD(s) and optical drive(s) are plugged into the PSU, and then make the proper connections to your motherboard. Everything else should be pretty simple.

With only $150-price of a new case, I wouldn't bother replacing your current PSU unless it's defected. I don't see why you need to replace your HSF, how is it broken?

Stock PSUs aren't that great (and should be replaced) but they usually are just fine for short-term use. Getting a high-quality one is highly recommended but that is mainly because stock PSUs don't last very long and is to ensure stability and safety after a couple of months. Make sure everything is connected and if it still doesn't work I would get a new PSU (one from a good company, not something like a rosewill, anything under 60 bucks is probably a POS instead of a PSU. Antec is a good choice).

Well with the heatsink I got it caught within the door in the case and it pulled the connectors/power cord for the fan out of the fan itself.

And I was wondering if this was a good case for overclocking and such Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Black /Blue Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
and is one fan all I can really use?

Also this power supply looks legit Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 ATX 2.01 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail

yes that Case is very good for the money...highly recommended.

As for a PSu that Model of Rosewill has been tested to say it's very good however since rosewill is the house brand you never know whos parts they used. Instead get one of of these right here as Xclio is more trusted and a good PSU.

Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

You do realize though that a 7600GT will run on a 400w PSU and you can get the 450w Xclio450BL which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for 37 bucks if you want to save cash.

yes that Case is very good for the money...highly recommended.

As for a PSu that Model of Rosewill has been tested to say it's very good however since rosewill is the house brand you never know whos parts they used. Instead get one of of these right here as Xclio is more trusted and a good PSU.

Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

You do realize though that a 7600GT will run on a 400w PSU and you can get the 450w Xclio450BL which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for 37 bucks if you want to save cash.

Cool thanks! Ill i'm going to get that case and the psu that you suggested. Now I still need a cpu fan any good suggestions on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom