Needing a pc.. £600 to £800

Status
Not open for further replies.

slashnmash

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to computer hardware and was wondering what you guys would recommend for me. I'm on a UK budget of ideally around £600 maybe more if I can get some money from birthdays and soo on. Im aiming for a system that will play source based games flawlessly and hopefully upcoming games like UT07. And i might be running vista on in it...

I have been browsing the old overclockers.co.uk and with a bit of friends guidance, I have been opting for:

Intel Core 2 DUO LGA775 E6300 1.86GHz Retail / Gigabyte 965P DS3 / 1GB GeIL PC2-6400C4 Dual Channel Kit - Bundle £260

Hyundai ImageQuest N91W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black £146

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB ST3320620AS SATA-II 16MB Cache £60

Samsung SH-183LBEBN 18x18 DVD±RW Dual Layer Serial ATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) £20

Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case £60

Hiper HPU-4M580 Type R 580W ATX2.2 PSU - Black £52

BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail £82

Plus postage that costs around £700

Any general guidance on changes which I should make would be appreciated. Ideally I do not want it to cost any more. I hope to get this by late june, latest late july as I wanna take it to i31.

Cheers guys!:D

Looks good, but aren't the e6320's & e 6420's available in UK?
The extra 2MB of cache will come in handy.

Based on Overclockers.uk current prices, it looks like they are actually cheaper then the e6300 & the e6400 respectively.

I tried that site and it seemed to good to be true. I bulit this for under £600

Total Price: £561.12
Case: Aguila in Black
Power Supply: 720 watt
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6300 Dual Core
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800
Hard Drive: 400 GB
Optical Drive: Additional DVD ROM
Monitor: 22inch Widescreen LCD TFT
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB
Speakers: 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
Keyboard & Mouse: Standard Keyboard
Operating System: None
Office Suite: None
Extended Warranty: Standard 2 year warranty

Whats the catch, Dodgey parts or what?

what is the exact name of the power supply as buying a bad one can cause every component to be fried or you could be lucky and lose only the psu.
what ram are you buying???
what hardrive are you buying??
what brand is the monitor???
good choice of graphics card

we need brands to tell you whether the parts are cheap and shitty overclockers.co.uk is great but does stock some crappy parts occassionaly

what is the exact name of the power supply as buying a bad one can cause every component to be fried or you could be lucky and lose only the psu.
what ram are you buying???
what hardrive are you buying??
what brand is the monitor???
good choice of graphics card

we need brands to tell you whether the parts are cheap and shitty overclockers.co.uk is great but does stock some crappy parts occassionaly

Yer i found that off the website a guy posted which is why i was a bit suspicious. Does anyone know what is up with ACMW-Trade as to why they are so cheap for custom pcs. What is the catch?

EDIT: Oops I just discovered that I had noscript on which meant it didnt add up all the totals so it ended up at over £1000, so just ignore what I just said.

ok well I will suggest two builds to you one Amd and one Intel

amd:

cpu: athlonx2 4400+
motherboard:MSI K9NBPM2-FID,
Ram: g-skill 2x1gb hz(6400)
Case: your choice I added £85 to the end price which should be enough
hdd: seagate barracuda 7200.10 320gb
gfx: XFX8800gts 320mb (overclock it when you have your system stable)
Psu: 450w coolermaster

total = £670

Intel:
cpu: e6600
motherboard: asus p5b or gigabyte ds3 or (my favourite) the abit Aw9d max
Ram: same
Hdd: same
Case: same

total: just over £800 but you will get better performance

Try Ebuyer, assuming you're vuilding yourself (Its so easy) you can get a Athlon X2 4600+, 1 gb Ram (£40 for another gig), 17" monitor, DVD-RW etc. for 350, then a PNY XLR8 8800gts from Buy.com (Post it to someone in america and get them to send it to avoid customs!) for another 130, and finally a hdd from somewhere. Subtotal approx 500-550
Job Done!:cool:

Ok guys, I finally got myself a job so I have revised the PC specs which I should be getting in under a month. Ebuyer isnt very friendly as it clears the shopping basket each time so I have had to screen shot it.
FINALSPEZ.jpg

Any changes I should make? I am s t r e t c h i n g my budget huge so no expensive changes please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom