12v power on 4 pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
hey im just asking if i could use the yellow 12v wire on a pc 4 pin molex(like to power the cd drives or harddrives) to power a linksys router? like soldering the wires under the ac plug of the router?

please help me to get it to power it im putting it in a custom project im building with an xbox.. completely rebuild a custom case out of acrylic and i want to intergrate my old linksys router for lan system link usage and such.

Well if you really want to do this, I would say you have to find out the power requirements for the router and anything else you want to hook up to a power supply. You might find the power requirements on the underside of the router or on the power brick.

If you have enough power to run it off of your PSU, then you have to connect power from the molex to the inside of the router. This would probably involve some soldering knowledge of circuit boards.

can someone please point me toward an example or tutorial on this? a way to supply the same voltage and amp. into the router as if it were connected to the ac adapter....but instead powered by the pc'c psu. and the power supply is 200 watts so it should have no problem powering the router. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom