Almost, sorta, kinda, finalising build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to spend an extra £9 and go for the evga 320mb 8800gts instead due to good reviews!

I didnt say anything about the make of the card because ive had a 7950GT by Leadtek for the last 8months and i havent had one single problem with it, but evga are meant to be good aswell anyway.

so when are you going to click the "buy" buttons on scan then :D

yeah i've got a leadtek now as well and i've never had any problems with it. And it overclocks really well.

As far as buying goes, i'm going to look into processors a bit more first i think. I'm going to try and figure out whether I actually need an e6600 and could go for maybe the e6320. However, for the sake of £40 and better proofing (if such a thing actually exists :p) i'll probably end up with the e6600.
but all of this means i'm going to have to save for a bit anyway so i reckon it'll be a month or so before it's all bought!

If you like playing games and dont want to be upgrading your processor in another 12months then get the E6600, trust me you will buy a slower processor then think to yourself "i wish i spent the extra and got the E6600" you know it makes sense!

That looks great, everything is good :D alot of pc for your money there!

By the way i didnt know Gskill was better than the XMS memory, i stand corrected!

well, they are about equal really until you start overclocking them.
my xms2 c4 can run stable at 4-3-3-5 at 800mhz (the stock timings of the HK). but if i go much over that i have to loosen the timings to at least 4-4-4-12 and no matter what the timings i have a hard time running it at speeds much over ddr2-1000. i still love it, dont get me wrong.
supposedly the HK will run well over ddr2-800 at the stock timings, and if you loosen them a little it will run easily ddr2-1066.
so, at stock speeds they are the same pretty much...get which ever one is cheaper at the time. but if you are going to really light up your ram, gskill is the way to go.

Already taken g.skill into the equation!! Going for 2gb of the PK series (didn't really want to spend anymore cus it's all so expensivein the UK)
Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom