Notebook Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
My girlfriend was given a toshiba satellite notebook. p4 2.66GHZ running windows xp sp2. I wiped it clean and did a clean install and everything is now working except for the audio. When I go to system devices, there is no exclamation point next to audio or anything. But in the system tray there is no little speaker icon. I know I installed everything related to audio that was on the driver disk that came with the laptop. Any ideas on how I could get audio working? Thank you for any suggestions.

Hello,

Are there any unknown devices listed in the device manager with a yellow question mark?

Also, where have to obtained the drivers from?

There are no unkown devices and i obtained the drivers from the Toshiba disk that my gf got with the laptop.

start, control panel, sounds and audio devices. Make sure it isn't muted, put a check in the box to show icon in system tray. click sound tab and select a sound scheme. then click advanced and see where all your slider bars are.

waytoosmall,

I have the same problem with my Toshiba. Not sure what's going on. I've been told it could be OS problem or that my OS inadvertently dumps my audio hardware. I can reboot and it will work again, but it will start doing it again soon after.

I did a full format and left all additional hardware off. A tech told me that he has had several notebooks brought in with a similar problem. Each use itunes and so do I. He thinks it could possibly be a conflict there. I'm frustrated by it, too. Send me a message and we can compare exact issues. You're the first person I've run across with what appears to be the exact issue I'm having. Maybe between the two of us we can figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom