Preblem with my Logitech Mouse. I need help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris93

Baseband Member
I need help with my Logitech mouse.
It came bundled with a keyboard, and I've had it for about 12 months.
Just recently when I clicked the left mouse button it started squeaking at me, and every time I click the left button it makes a really annoying squeaking noise.
Is there anyway I can clean the mouse?
Or is there anything else I can do to fix this problem??

Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like some dirt or just plain grit has gotten into your mouse. You can take the cover off the mouse and look for obvious dirty bits. Its a pretty common problem, I just clean with a cloth, and if its getting especially dirty (my computer workshop is actually my back shed:)! i take the circut board out and give the case a baptism in the back trough. tho if you do that, MAKE SURE you dry everything COMPLETLY!! bad probs if u dont....

I need help with my Logitech mouse.
It came bundled with a keyboard, and I've had it for about 12 months.
Just recently when I clicked the left mouse button it started squeaking at me, and every time I click the left button it makes a really annoying squeaking noise.
Is there anyway I can clean the mouse?
Or is there anything else I can do to fix this problem??

Any help is appreciated.

feed it some cheese. heh heh.

Most newer logitech mice have the screw holes covered up by the stickers or by the pads on the bottom of the mouse. I would recommend you Google the exact version of the mouse to see where they are located. Or if you still have the documentation that came with the mouse, it might tell you there.

yah, my logitech just has four screws on the underside of the mouse. just take them off and remove the bottom of your mouse!
to clean a trackball mouse tho, u usually just need to clean the trackball.

Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit). Therefore if a mouse fails to operate or performs erratically, it may need ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the
underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign
balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon manufacturer of the
mouse. Foreign balls may be removed using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for
maintaining optimun customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his
balls should suspect local personnel of removing these items.

hehe, kk soz..

Most newer logitech mice have the screw holes covered up by the stickers or by the pads on the bottom of the mouse. I would recommend you Google the exact version of the mouse to see where they are located. Or if you still have the documentation that came with the mouse, it might tell you there.

Thanks, I'll try that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom