HELP Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
I have an X-fi xtremegamer fatality sound card i Just Got and when i play movies through my computer it turns the volume up and down during high volume parts of the movie. Mostly it just turns them down during like a fight scene or something like it and then turns it back up when the action settles.

I cant figure it out. im guessing its a software issue but still am blank. Could someone please help.

E6600
8800 gtx
320 gig hd
2 gigs 800 ram
klipsh 2.1 speakers
power dvd software. thanks

What is the problem? The fact that there is different levels of audio from the film you are watching. Is is often the case in any video file. Its not the sound card or computer, just how the audio was recorded with the video. Is that your concern?

no you dont understand my sound blaster audigy (my old card )never did this, its a new problem -- it gets next to silent during action scenes ------ it sucks.

I have an Audigy 2 Ptm. When playing an avi file or, dvd I have instances where the audio for different scenes is at different levels. When shooting a film, its hard to replicate the exact audio level for each scene. Levels of sound are used for dramatic effect in films.

Maybe you didnt realize this was happening until you bought a newer sound card. But it happens. I use my creative remote on my Audigy 2 when watching films and need to be conscious about the noise levels for others.

Hello,

The fluctuations in volume might be due to the dynamic range setting in the Creative Audio Console. There's a setting there where you can change the dynamic range from maximum, medium and low.

In the Creative Audio Console (not the EAX Console), if you click on the Decoder tab, then click on the Settings button for Dolby Digital, you should be able to change the dynamic range settings there.

to that last person that just wrote me --------- thankyou----- thats what i was looking for

Hello,

No problem.

While the setting can spoil the audio experience during the day, the dynamic range setting in the Creative Audio Console is useful for when you want to limit the range of the volume.

For example, you might live in a flat and want to watch a movie on your PC at midnight. You still want to use 5.1 surround sound speakers but don't want to disturb other residents. A low dynamic range setting will prevent the volume from fluctuation from low to high volumes, which can cause a disturbance (especially in action and horror movies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom