Suggestions about a motherboard...please

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
ok here's the deal....my computer genius friend somehow got a geniune copy of vista ultimate which can be installed in as many computers as he wants too. he has installed vista in all of my friends computers, except me and one other friend. its not that he didnt try, its just that me and my friend have a dell computer, which conflicts with the vista software somehow. i dont know how that works, but even when i tried it, i still didnt work.

so my genius friend suggested that i get a new motherboard, so that we can take out everything thats dell form my computer, and lets hope it works.

well, as of right now, i have a intel pentium 4 prescott with HT
evga 7900 gs
corsair value select ram ddr2 533
80 gb seagate hard drive
logisys 480 watt powersupply
and a mother board which is intel, but dell might have locked it some how

my question is that if i get a new mobo, do u guys think i can install vista ultimate on the pc?

i dont know what my processor socket is but i am hoping it is a LGA 775.
i am having a hard timefinding a mobo for my needs that i just explained. so if u guys could hep me, that would be awesome. . i am looking for a very cheap mobo. it would be even better if the mobo is also compatible to the core 2 duos, or even quad core, so i could upgrade my pc this fall.

please help me out guys. suggest a mobo for me
thanks

there are requirements for the windows vista OS. I can't look em up for you right now, just do it yourself with google.
2nd, why would you want a pirated version of vista ultimate? It has no benefits to you vs the home premium. Youre just wasting your resources.

from the looks of your rig, juts stick with XP, you need an upgrade before you can even decide if you want vista or not.

FYI, some friends tell me pirated software doesn't work with VISTA. Just to let you know. Or your friend know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom