parellel or serial

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
im looking at gettin a water cooling setup for my cpu, gpu and northbridge. i know that most ppl have the cold water to cpu then the gpu then the northbridge then back to the radiator. i was thinkin wouldnt it work better if u had the water movin to each of the 3 chips serperatly using sum sort of tube splitter so they all have the cold water. i know this would slow the movement down but i thought it would work as a better setup? any1 any ideas on if this would work as any advanage? thanks

well correct me if im wrong but i think you would need a bigger resivor and a bigger pump to do that.. I think you do but it is a good idea.

yea i would of thought u did, been lookin around bu cant find any spliters that would work so think the idea is dead in the water lol

well.. just get a plastic T or somthing from a pet shop. It does not need to be anything special but just make sure you get it in the right size. Remember.. you can go and customize it yourself you dont need to go and follow the manufactor instructions. Like with mine.. i added a extra radiator and a extra fan.

k thanks.

im not sure whether to get a totally internal system or a part external one. because with a internal if the fan on the rad is takin the air from the outside and blowin through the rad is gonna put hot air in ur case which u dont want. so turn it round and the fan blowin the warm air from inside the case through it so that shouldnt be very gud are these a factor in it?

what were u sayin about a compressor that helps cool your system down? did it help. can u give me sum detail plz

well the guy is just shipping it out today to me. What it is, is just a refirdgeator compressor.. thats really it. I have a totally external system. But another thing thats good about a external system, is you have a lot more room. You also dont have a resivor of water in ur case. So if it ever spills or leaks, it will leak on the outside. But bacisally its much eaiser too. But i mean... if you are worried about that hot air just put some more exhaust fans in it. Eaither way, a internal system will make ur case temp hotter. You have the pump in there, fan, and everything else. So i would get a external one. But about the compressor, it goes through the compressor and it makes the water very very cold. He said it can make it to like -20 degrees F. But then i woul dhave to use antifreeze so it does not freeze.

ok sounds like would do a great job might have a look about for one. im am after as quiet as i can get thats why im worried bout adding case fans for an internal system. thanks for the help :)

just had a thought would there be any point in the radiaor then lol? what price u lookin at payin for it?

Almost all water blocks rely on water pressure and flow rate for efficient operation. Putting items in parallel isnÂ’t a great idea, as not only do you effectively half the pressure/flow rate through the blocks, water will always take the easiest path, so if one block is less restrictive to flow, (often the Northbridge block), it will really put a dent in the flow on the others.

Blocks in series are the best bet, with the CPU being immediately after the pump so it gets the highest pressure. The temperature build-up in a chain of components isnÂ’t really a problem with a good flow rate, where the parallel components definately are.

Â…and I always like to see the radiators outside the case, in the cooler air.

aj2003 said:
just had a thought would there be any point in the radiaor then lol? what price u lookin at payin for it?

there is a point. More room for the heat to get out of the water.. so yea there is a very good point of it. I payed about 220 dollars for the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom