E6300 / Gigabyte DS3 overclocking (with pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.4ghz is pretty nice with the right stuff but past 3.5ghz is where it just gets really impressive...

I have mine at 3.22ghz with only 1.42 Vcore haha. Temps are just above 60 on full load but I never run it full anyway for it to matter to me.

I say the guy who has 2.8ghz could easily hit 3.0ghz.

Every E6300 that I have seen will hit at least 3.0

how long can you run a e6300 at 3.0 or around there before it burns out? I've heard ppl pushing their C2Ds really far, and then they burn out after a month or 2... I'd like to keep mine running, most likely 24/7 for 12 to 18 months

What a C2D crashing out in a few months even when overclocked? I have never heard of this...and I'm in the most extreme overclocking forums such as Overclock.net and Hardforums.

You will be able to keep a C2D for years and years to come as long as you aren't pounding in 1.6 Vcore or something on air. You are fine...I think you were either mistaken or the cases you have heard were not careful enough and put too much Vcore and didn't watch their m temperatures.

never go above 1.5 Vcore on air and try to stay under 60 degrees max....70 at the absolute max.

One more suggestion for those looking to go far with C2D over clocks, is to get the latest BIOS. Even if you have over clocked a few months ago a new BIOS will increase stability and help with over clocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom