Friend's Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfx- go with a 8800gts 320mb it is only £40 more in the uk don't know the American price difference

harddrive - go with a seagate barracuda better speed, reliable 5 year warranty!!!

cpu-get the e6420 the extra cache wouldn't hurt

Ram-you have ram posted twice the hz are best

Rough estimates below.

video card - 8800GTS 320MB - $300
RAM - The set you listed is fine. - $149
HDD - Go with a Seagate 320G to start, add more later -$90
MOBO - is good. - $180
CPU - Go with the e6600 - prices just dropped. - $235
PSU - go with a Fortron Source 600w Quad rail - $120
Case - Gigabyte Aurora 570 black or silver - $ 170
Monitor - Viewsonic VX-922 19" - $ $240
Keyboard - G15 is great. - $80

That's more or less $1600 right there. You could tweak each component either up or down in price... But, the ports I upgraded in my list are better.

he doesn't need to change the case its fine if he like the look of it has good cooling. Forgot to add you will want a new hsf and some artic silver 5 thermal paste a e6600 gets upto 3.2gh easily a e6400 - 3ghz

Hard drive: Seagate 7200.10 SATA 3GB/s drive
they're the best in terms of speed and reliability

video card: 8800 GTS 320MB

Mouse: how much does he want to spend? or is he going to use one he's already got?

I own the MX518 as well as with many other enthusiasts and we can all tell you it's one **** of a mouse for the price...highly recommended. That cooler is eh...

Instead for about the same price how about one of these.
If you are getting a full sized case throw one of these MONSTERS in.
Cooler Master RR-CCH-ANU2-GP GeminII CPU Cooler for AMD AM2, K8 and Intel LGA775

The Gemini II is arguably the best CPU cooler there is right now....granted it's HUGE so a Full sized tower is recommended. Or one almost as good but a little smaller....well not as wide.

Sunbeam Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler for AMD K8 and Intel 478, LGA775

Last theres one that's not as expensive but cools very well for the money...I own one and it gets me 3.22ghz OC with loads under 60 on what I do.
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler for LGA775

I still suggest the Gemini II if you dont mind it being so wide. The Tuniq isn't as wide but rather just freakin tall...hence the name Tower

The mouse should be up to you. I would go to a circuit city or best buy or something, and see what mice feel best, or feel best for your freind. Performance wise, the razers and logitech gaming mice are really neck and neck, it's all up to how you like the feel of each. I love my razer copperhead, but pick what's best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom