Computer kinda locks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig helm

Beta member
This is bizarre.
My computer will "lock up," and will stay that way for a long time, or forever. BUT, if i gently reach down and literally barely move the tower, it works. It does this VERY consistently!

Is this a HDD issue? I wouldn't think so, but this doesn't make sense to me! Everything sounds normal in the machine both when it is running, and when it is locked up?

if it were to be HD problems then either it word restart or just give a BSOD, check if all your fans are properly spinning and that your CPU or GPU is not overheating
that is odd :/

If the pc resumes when you just shake it a little, I would make sure the power cord is connected properly into the wall and the PSU. Also open up the case and check your hardware connections, the ribbon cables, and molex connections. As sylwek suggested, make sure all your fans are working.

fans are working, and everything external is plugged in. I don't think overheating is a problem. I even got a big box fan and blew through it to make sure.

i will check all the internals, bit will be a while before i am able to get to it. i will let you guys know.

If the problem doesn't go away once you open up the case and make sure all the wired connections are nice and tight then we will have to look for another solution. I would image that some molex or data cable is loose. Also check to make sure that your ram and pci cards are seated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom