Windows 2000 Server Printers and Faxes Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksoundara

Beta member
Hey everyone. I am having problems with the printers folder, sometimes the printers in the folder aren't showing up. I would have to restart the server to make to come back. These printers are being use by three off site locations. They use Terminal services to print and do their work. Thanks.

Look at event view application and system log for printer errors. Also check that your print spooler is not running out of space on the hard drive and the hard drive is not in need of a defrag where the printer spooler stores the files

You also might check the spooler service to see if it has stopped. It should be an automatic starting service. Make sure under the recovery tab you have restart the service in the fail section.

Thanks. I've check the printer spooler, it is set to automatic. In the Event logs, a lot of the errors are 'Printer could not be installed' from Terminal Services.

I was thinking it could a memory problem. Any ideas?

What reason did it give to not being able install? Permissions or something else? Also have any firewalls inbetween?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom