Status
Not open for further replies.

djfong

Beta member
Hey Guys,
I was just at looking something and i saw that

Pentium M 1.4 Mhz = Pentium 2.8 Mhz

Is this true?

And could u just give me some basic info about Pentium M?

Thanks

Haven't heard much of it, but like Andrew said :up:, I don't think that is the performance ratio either... Sounds a little steep.

ok, I did a little research, the pentium M is a better proc for video editing and junk like that. The pentium M has a long pipeline and different socket type as well. The normal pentium 4 is better for a gaming and the common user.

my dad's gonna be gettin a laptop with a p4 3.0 HT processor $700 cheaper than a pm 2.4 ghz. The guy at bestbuy told him that the pentium m was better for mobile purposes, like mobile internet and stuff. My dad really just wants a mobile desktop and is gettin a really good deal!

PENTIUM 4 SMOKES it by a long shot pentium m are used on labtops becuase they are samller and take up wayy less power. Pentium m FSB i belive is only 200mhz?!?!? GO FOR THE PENTIUM 4!!!!

djfong said:
Pentium M 1.4 Mhz = Pentium 2.8 Mhz

well I do not know if you are comparing that to a desktop processor or not. i do know "1.6 GHz Pentium M = 2.4 GHz Pentium 4M" is true. the pentium M was designed from scratch as a very efficient mobile processor while the pentium4 was simply jerry-rigged to work in a laptop. it not only offers equal performance, but the battery also lasts twice as long. I would get the centrino badged notebooks if you do some wireless networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom