q6600? and 8800gtx oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey
after the recent price cut of the q6600 i was thinking of this instead of the e6600. i was just wondering how his would o/c on a evga 680i with a tuniq tower.

also since i was going to get a palit 8800gtx and there is a bfg 8800gtx oc(600/1800) for 20 more (aus) should i get this, and will the oc make it harder to o/c further? i like the bfg beter since it comes with more in the box and looks way better

The q6600 isn't necessary. You already have a powerful enough processor. Just overclock that.

the bfg wont be harder to overclocker so go with it :D. the quad core is not at all needed save your money the e6600 can handle almost anything especially when overclocked

omg u sound like nosboost thinking ur e6600 isn't good enough!! i say forget them quad-cores and stick with the more loved dual core cuz ur e6600 can probably last another 1-2 more years of gaming and still not be outdated! forget them quad-cores til they are necessities

The E6600 is plenty fast enough...if you were getting a whole new CPU MAYBE the Q6600 being cheaper now would be an ok choice. However if you already have an E6600 then that is just a waste of money IMO.

oh i forgot y are u buying an 8800 gtx to replace an 8800 gtx? u make no sense!! i would be happy to own one!

no i dont own any yet. this is a new cpu i havent finished my computer yet.
im not stupid enough to buy another cpu after having a c2d already.same with 8800gtx.

i was just thinking its within my budget to buy the quad and it will prob become handy in the future so would it be a better choice? once games an software start to take avantage of 4 cores it will last longer gaming wise

also i never said e6600 wasnt good enough just thinking it will be a better buy if it gonna be more future proof and i can afford it.

I still don't think it is worth it they are still overpriced and amd are suppose to release there quad-cores soon so you could wait until after then as the price may go down most applications don't utilise the extra cores though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom