New build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalala123

Baseband Member
limited to $1000USD

I need this pc to last a wile. I mean a wile.

This pc will only be used for light gaming, but the chances are it will not be used for gaming at all.

Here is what i have so far, please let me know what you guys think and if there is any better hardwares that i can get for the about the same amount of money.

For this build the OS is unnecessary and i already have a optical drive.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz $235
RAM - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 $180 with 50 MIR
Mobo - Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard $128.99
GPU - GIGABYTE GV-NX76G256D-RH GeForce 7600GS 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 $96.99
Hardrive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3400620AS 400GB $120
Case - X-Purity $59.99
PSU - Antec NeoHE 500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply$99.99
Card Reader - Rosewill RCR-FD200 All-in-one USB 2.0 Black 3.5 $20.99

About $942USD so far with out the Video card. $892 with the MIR

Is it worth it to set up a Raid drive seeing how the mobo has the Raid controller? What are the advantages and disadvantages of raid beside i need two hard drive and cost me more?

I looked over all the hardwares and think all of them are compatible. Can someone please verify it for me please?

I would also like to sleeve the cables, where can i get cheap and good sleeving supplies? its the best if it is from Newegg. Please post the link? Is there any good cable sleeving guide somewere?

Thanks alot

Can you please verify for me what this build is going to be used for first and what your budget is?

It looks like a standard desktop use with video editing and maybe light gaming?

Can you please verify for me what this build is going to be used for first and what your budget is?

It looks like a standard desktop use with video editing and maybe light gaming?

I have mad a little change to the original post. The limit is $1000USD

I also changed the RAM and added the all in one memory card reader. will that memory card reader fit in the were the floppy goes?

I am not a gamer nor are my a video editor. This pc is for ever day use. Nothing intensive.

I plant to use this pc for 10 years and will upgrade the cpu to a quad core later on.

Just a everyday home pc.

Please let me know your though about the build so far. can i get much better pc with the 1000 usd then what i have so far?

thanks

P.S: I do not plan on overlcoking

This computer should last you about 5 years but by that time, it will be getting old and outdated because of how fast technology moves nowadays. It is a nice build for an every day rig. Based on past experiences, I wouldn't count on that 10 years though.

Well if it's for general use then I guess those parts are quite nice. However if you want these parts to last then I highly suggest going with a better PSU. Not that Antec make junk ones but rather there are better and since you have cash left over you might as well go with one that you know will last.

I suggest a 500-550 watt PSU made by a company such as.

PC and Power Cooling
Estasis
Seasonic
Silverstone
Corsair

It's just those are some of the very best names out there.

other than that I guess I can only recommend better ram for the same price such as any G.skill ram.

What are the difference between a gaming rig and everyday computer? Is it just the Video card and Performance RAM?

What is the trade off between the Gaming rig and everyday computer hardware wise? and what is the difference in the performance of the two different build?

I am confused.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Please fell free to leave more commons.

Well if it's for general use then I guess those parts are quite nice. However if you want these parts to last then I highly suggest going with a better PSU. Not that Antec make junk ones but rather there are better and since you have cash left over you might as well go with one that you know will last.

I suggest a 500-550 watt PSU made by a company such as.

PC and Power Cooling
Estasis
Seasonic
Silverstone
Corsair

It's just those are some of the very best names out there.

other than that I guess I can only recommend better ram for the same price such as any G.skill ram.

I think i will stay with the PSU and RAM i have right now since i own one and it is quite good. But again i don't know much about the PSU and RAM so i could be wrong. None the less. thanks for your feedback Sora.

Is there anything else about the build? are all the hardwares compatible?

ya i agree ferarri, I just put that number down so shown how important it is for me to get good quality parts.

I suppose your parts might make a low-mid gaming rig. One difference is, like you said, the video card. The best gaming card out right now is the 8800 GTX. It is a whole generation ahead of your card. It blows that card out of the water when it comes to gaming performance. Another thing for a gaming rig is the RAM. The faster the RAM, the better of course and there are also different types of RAM that are really bad for gaming but good for workstations. Your CPU is actually, IMO, the third best gaming processor out (that is not fact based, just so nobody jumps on me for that). Motherboards can also play a big role in your gaming performance but I am no expert and would suggest asking somebody a little bit more knowledgeable about that. Those are probably the main differences between an everyday rig and a gaming rig. O and a good gaming rig will cost you a lot more $$$. =)

technically his build at teh top is a gaming build, a budget one anyways, just upgrade the Vid Card maybe to a 7900 GS or GT and u got a decent gaming PC

ha, s***.
i paid 280 for that same RAM last year. (the xms2 c4).
god, i hate that.
for 130 bucks (if the rebate works lol) i am afraid i will have to recommend that xms2 over the lower gskill. of course, the HK are only 15 dollars more. and you dont have to worry about rebates. and they have sickening stock timings. which means they will likely overclock and still have ridiculously tight timings.
if you are not a ram junkie, this probably is not important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom